The OTR Driver is responsible for operating a tractor-trailer to deliver products to customers on assigned route. The OTR Driver is responsible for pick up, inspection, receipt, transportation and delivery of goods from vendors.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution center.
- Verify shipment accuracy and assure saleable condition of product.
- Transact proper documentation in computerized hand-held device or paper.
- Resolve discrepancies and communicate major issues to Supervisor.
- Inspect equipment according to company and DOT regulations; Tractor, trailer, pallet jack, load bars, lift gates.
- Maintain a valid Class A and current DOT medical card. Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including pre and post trip inspections, review of driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Required to either transport product across state lines, or if delivering intrastate, to haul some products that originate in other states.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Effectively communicate with dispatchers, logistics personnel, and team members at pickup and delivery locations. Advise of potential delays.
- Load and unload cargo as required.
- Must be able to complete assigned route within DOT time regulations.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Monitor/Manage hours to ensure driving hours are within limits set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of hours worked, miles driven, deliveries and pickups completed. Retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Coordinate with dispatchers sharing updates on delivery timelines, route conditions and logging breaks and reviewing/confirming miles driven.
- Check load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect, verify and adhere to delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess and maintain CDL-A with at least an Air Brake endorsement required.
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors.
- Pallet Jack certification and training is preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team or independent environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
- Compliance with health and safety regulations. (constant use of PPE)
- May require driving in inclement weather.
Punctual attendance to work is required. This position requires a moderate to high degree of sitting, climbing, walking, stooping or kneeling, reaching. Moderate degree of walking, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Moderate to lifting of up to 50lbs. required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors and in outdoor conditions with temperatures ranging from 0-120 degrees F. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389