The Director of IT Infrastructure role is to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business. Communication with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure the company’s technology is used appropriately. This position has the responsibility of leading the IT’s security strategy and planning to ensure our infrastructure, devices, policies, and procedures remain aligned with industry and regulatory best-practices. This team member is also responsible for the maintenance and support of IT’s networks and related services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all IT team member activity to include support, maintenance, and enhancement of the IT infrastructure.
- Develop strategies for using technological resources.
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely.
- Discover, evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure.
- Develop technical aspects of the Company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Help departments your technology can increase profitably.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors. Develop, implement and maintain policies. Procedures, and associated training plans for network administration and appropriate use.
- Provide “ownership” of problems through final resolution.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization.
- Conduct research and make recommendations in support of development efforts.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed systems.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer equipment, hardware, and software updates.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Manage cost, conduct near and long-term financial forecast.
- Test technical performance and proved performance statistics and reports.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Performs other duties as required
WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong Leadership skills and organizational abilities
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Additional languages a plus.
- This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email Human Resources
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389