Perform engineering duties to design and redesign products made from sheet metal, plastic, and other materials. The function is performed to meet objectives that include new product introduction, optimizing within current or future production capabilities, increasing manufacturing efficiencies, redesigning products, and reducing costs. Software and programming ability in 2D CAD, 3D CAD, and CAD/CAM
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to design products that meet company objectives.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Use drafting software and tools to produce structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
• Provide feedback on customer problems and needs.
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• BS in Engineering (Mechanical or similar)
• Software/Programming knowledge & skill in 2D CAD, 3D CAD, and CAD/CAM is required
• Technical Writing knowledge & skill is required.
• Prefer three years experience in a manufacturing facility
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience a plus
• Laser & CNC programming experience a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Material Safety Data Sheets, and other literature.
• Experience with MS Office, 2D, and 3D software
• Experience with ERP Software is helpful
• Strong mathematics skills
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389