Work within the Engineering team using your knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Daily applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
• High School Diploma
• Continuing Education toward Engineering (or equivalent) Degree/Certification
• Experience with MS Office, ERP and CAD/CAM software
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
• Good mathematics skills
• Critical Thinking/Problem solving
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389