Plastics Process Engineer – Plastic SheetsAugust 24, 2018
Manufacturing Manager – Plastic SheetsMay 20, 2019
Set up, operate, or tend machines to extrude or draw thermoplastic materials into sheets, or structural shapes.
- Work safely and follow all safety instructions and look out for the safety of others.
- Measure and examine extruded products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications; adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
- Change extruding machine setup according to production line changes following specifications on the QC sheets and other relevant documents.
- Set the machines and manage materials to keep product running to specification (colorant, regrind, pelletized, virgin, additives, masking, NSF Labels, pallets etc.)
- Ensure extruded sheet is properly package to ensure quality and safe shipment
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of the line and scrap
- Trouble shoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas to help improve quality, productivity and reduce cost.
- Perform operator and preventive maintenance task as required to maintain equipment
- Monitor line for problems or defects in material
- Train and provide guidance to extrusion technician trainees, plastic operators and others as required
- Take initiative to help out others and provide assistance
- Maintain and ensure accurate paperwork
- Clean the line and work area
- Any other duties as asked by supervisor
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- MakingDecisions and Solving Problems
- PerformingGeneral Physical Activities
- Communicatingwith Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Judgingthe Qualities of Product
- Handlingand Moving Objects
- OperatingForklift, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
- MonitorProcesses, Materials, or Surroundings
- ControllingMachines and Processes
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Moveor fit heavy objects
- Useprecision measuring tools or equipment
- Readspecifications and technical drawings
- Operatemetal or plastic fabricating equipment/machinery
- Loador unload material or work piece into machinery
- Performsafety inspections in manufacturing or industrial setting
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED, Plastic Extrusion Technical Certification or associate degree
- At least Two years plastics extrusion experience for Extrusion Technician
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- High degree of standing, walking, stooping or knelling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing.
- Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential
- Moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet.
- Requires wearing personal protective equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions
Email Human Resources
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389