The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing key HR-related duties in a strategic and administrative capacity. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, talent acquisition, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all Standard Operating Procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Administer benefits and wellness initiatives.
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation.
- Support talent management processes.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Collaborate with the human resources team to develop effective talent acquisition strategies.
- Identify future staffing needs.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Track workforce development and succession planning.
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance.
- Work with HR Director to investigate and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Work closely with HR Director and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Support and conduct training programs.
- Promote compliance with standard operating procedures, policies and protocols.
- Supports management of employees through Leadership Team to ensure effective selection, retention, development, corrective action and performance management.
- Collaborates with supervisors and managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3-5 years’ human resources experience
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems, SAGE experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Candidates should be highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Proven conflict resolution skills to include: active listening, seeking understanding, team building skills, emotional intelligence and frequent effective communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability lead and develop employees through coaching and mentoring on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group setting.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and convey the knowledge to a team in both classroom and practical setting.
- Maintain transparent communication through weekly department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Intermediate mathematics skills required.
This position requires a moderate degree of sitting, standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, precision eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions. Attendance to work required. Reasonable accommodations made be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389