Coordinate activities and resources for GEM Plastics by supporting our materials, processes, and information in the market through reps, distributors, and end-users.
— Effectively communicate with new and existing customers about produce and service information, identify and discuss their needs, and explain how these needs could be met with specific products and services.
– Quote materials, lead times, and other bid specifications.
– Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
– Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details or inquiries, complaints (problem reports), and comments, as well as actions taken. These events are logged as they occur and reported monthly.
– Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
– Resolve customer complaints by performing activities such as exchanging product, processing credits, and adjusting invoices.
– Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
– Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients.
– Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing and shipment.
– Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
– Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
– Initiate (5) Customer Support calls per week (High Five Calls) and record detailed information to be used to further promote GEM Plastics in the marketplace. This activity log is reported monthly.
– Coordinate and record all customer RMA’s (Return Materials Authorization) with the customer and internally with GEM Plastics which is reported on a monthly basis.
– To facilitate future sales and ease of doing business, provide “blanket order tracking” for each Sales Rep in your coverage area on a monthly basis.
– Manage the inventory for all customer samples and literature. Responsible for keeping items stocked to ensure quick turnaround for mailing to existing/potential customers.
– Responsible for fulfilling all customer samples and literature needs. Log all request and report monthly.
– Spearheading the coordination of information with printers for production of business cards, literature, and presentation materials for GEM Plastics employees and representatives.
– Some travel required for sales, training, and trade shows.
– Incorporate additional responsibilities as needed.
– High School Diploma/GED
– A minimum of three years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed (Quoting & Customer service experience in manufacturing setting is required).
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389