The Inspector/packer performs quality control inspections, checks and tests during the manufacturing of products. Inspects materials, parts and products at different stages of production.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Measure product dimensions, examine functionality and compare the final product to the specifications.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Teach the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Supervise the production process.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- Measure and examine extruded products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications;
- Perform quality checks and accuracy of the product on the line in accordance with established standards.
- Accept or reject finished items
- Remove products and materials that fail to meet specifications
- Report inspection and test data such as weights, temperatures, grades, moisture content, and quantities inspected in a timely manner.
- Trouble shoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Monitor line for problems or defects in material
- Complete and sign off on hourly check sheet
- Requires operation of forklift, panel saw, vacuum lift, and other devices related to process
- Clean lines and work areas including pulling dust bags
- Perform safety inspections.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with 5S standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- 2 years plastics extrusion experience preferred.
- Understanding of production procedures.
- May be required to operate powered industrial equipment.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations (constant use of PPE)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Basic mathematics skills required.
- Critical Thinking/Problem solving/trouble shooting ability required.
Punctual attendance to work is required. This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. Ability to differentiate color. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Moderate to Steady lifting of up to 50lbs. required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email Human Resources
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389