The International Clerk will be responsible for working with Business Unit Coordinators, Leads, and Customer Service, on a daily basis to ensure orders flow throughout operations concerning all international orders.
1. Extensive knowledge in international freight shipment – both inbound and outbound
a. HTS Codes
b. Regulations on shipping to different Countries
c. Proper documentation required (CI, BOL’s, NAFTA, Approvals needed (State Seals, Chamber of Commerce, Notary)
2. Quote international shipments to find best option.
3. Coordinate shipping with carriers and customs agents for clearance on oversea deliveries.
4. Coordinate with customer service and shipping to ensure all required paperwork is completed accurately.
5. Back up logistics specialist ( for complete duties of logistics specialist, see HR)
a. Scheduling of trucks
c. Rules and Regulations (DOT)
d. Electronic logs – (Hours of Service)
e. Freight claims
f. Phone skills
h. TMS experience (helpful)
• High School Diploma/GED
• Some college preferred (business/accounting)
• Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Minimum two years’ work experience in Logistics
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Good analytical skills
• Critical Thinking skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent social interaction and communication skills – good phone skills
• Must be able to react quickly and calmly under stressful situations in a very fast paced environment
• Ability to train other – support/backup others
• Knowledgeable with all the HTS Codes
• TMS experience (helpful)
• Knowledge of rules and regulations concerning DOT
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389