Perform work involving the skills to keep Extrusion Machines, PLC’s, Grinders and other support mechanical equipment in proper working condition. Duties may involve welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors or stairs.
- • Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
• Any other duties as asked by supervisor.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Judging the Qualities of Product
- Processing Information
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Operating Forklift, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Controlling Machines and Processes
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Move or fit heavy objects
- Use precision measuring tools or equipment
- Read specifications and technical drawings
- Operate metal or plastic fabricating equipment/machinery
- Load or unload material or work piece into machinery
- Perform safety inspections in manufacturing or industrial setting
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
Work Experience and Requirements
- • High School Diploma/GED
• College PLC/maintenance courses preferred
• Plastics Extrusion experience a plus
• Require at least 5 years maintenance experience (mechanics, and electrical experience a must)
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Email Human Resources
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389