The Plant Maintenance Manager is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient manner. This includes total preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance of building/facilities, equipment and machinery managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and robotic equipment (including software programming). Includes people management and budgetary/cost reporting. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques and learning new equipment or improvements to existing equipment or facilities. This is a working Supervisor role. Non exempt-hourly.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the team on technical best practice.
- Schedule both internal and external work maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Establish standard policies and procedures for department.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- Manage the Preventative Maintenance program and provide daily reports and/or updates on maintenance performance.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Continuously improve/modify KPIs, training, reporting to support improvements to facilities and operations.
- Troubleshoot common issues with equipment and assist operators with getting back to a productive mode.
- Repair machines in order to limit machinery downtime during the production schedules.
- Complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of machinery and facility, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, structural concerns and more depending on the scope of the project.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy.
- Maintain a 5S compliant work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation.
- Determines serviceability of parts and components by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Fabricate simple repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Continuously improve spare parts systems and storage.
- Perform other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years’ leadership experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience required
- Working knowledge of technical areas with expertise in two or more of the following: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, robotics equipment and PLC.
- 1-year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
- BS/BA in engineering and/or related field preferred
- Functional knowledge of metal fabrication and equipment preferred. (900 & Global Partitions specific)
- Functional knowledge of plastics extrusion preferred. (GEM Plastics specific)
- Candidate should be highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change and foster positive team environment.
- Proficient MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of Preventive Maintenance program/s required.
- Working knowledge of machinery, equipment and facilities management required.
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Proven conflict resolution skills to include: active listening, seeking understanding, team building skills, emotional intelligence and frequent effective communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability lead and develop employees through coaching and mentoring on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group setting.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and convey the knowledge to a team in both classroom and practical setting.
- Maintain transparent communication through weekly department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Intermediate mathematics skills required.
- Must be able to work in an empowerment culture, supportive of team initiatives/ideas for improvement.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed by uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English required.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
Punctual attendance to work is required. This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Ability to distinguish color. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Moderate to steady lifting of up to 50lbs. required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals. Requires working indoors in non-climate controlled conditions. Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical and electronic principles. Operating, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, and industrial trucks
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389