Operations CoordinatorFebruary 22, 2022
SupervisorFebruary 24, 2023
The Manufacturing Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of their facility within the company. This position is responsible for ensuring continuous improvement, performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and organizational operations. The Manufacturing Manager also oversees the development of employees through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes company’s Safety Program and adheres to all safety protocols and policies. Holds self and staff accountable for safety compliance. Supports the Safety Manager’s training efforts and OSHA compliance initiatives.
- Ensures all operational objectives for the company are achieved. Develops and/or approves production and sales objectives, goals, and short and long-term operating plans. Accountable for developing the processes and operational metrics to measure performance of those goals and objectives.
- Ensures planned maintenance of equipment is scheduled and executed.
- Utilizes coaching management style to develop direct reports and promote their growth. Ensures direct reports understand clearly what is expected of them and supports them with the necessary tools to make them successful in their positions.
- Ensures all company values (i.e. loyalty, trust, respect, empowerment, and ownership) are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and supporting all company decisions and employee policies.
- Works closely with the management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems.
- Regular communication with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production.
- Ensures all financial objectives for the company are achieved, including revenue, margin, expenses, return on investment (ROI), Capital Expenditure (CapEx), and recommendations.
- Responsible for excellent communications between company organizations, locations and employees. Establishes methods and culture to achieve this on a continual basis.
- Builds rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and other outside agents.
- Promotes strong working relations between Operations and Sales
- Ensures adequate staffing levels and scheduling.
- Provide visionary Leadership in the area of data driven continuous improvement and lean process flow to exceed productivity and quality expectations.
- Consults with Human Resources to ensure personnel actions are appropriate (i.e. hiring, firing, promotions, demotions, compensation, etc.)
- Ensures the operation complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures facilities are well maintained for employee productivity, satisfaction, and safety, and they are pleasing to our customers and community.
- Performs other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum three years of work experience as a manufacturing manager
- Five years’ experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
- Strong Leadership Skill and ability to manage front line leaders and staff
- Knowledge of Lean/TPS
- Accredited Six Lean Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Additional languages a plus.
- This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389