Operating various types of material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move materials consisting of raw, work in process, and finished goods anywhere required throughout the production environment and/or warehouse in a timely safely organized manner while abiding by ASI-Southeast safety guidelines and housekeeping regulations.
- Work safely and follow all safety instructions and look out for the safety of others.
- Measure and examine products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications; adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
- Trouble shoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas to help improve quality, productivity and reduce cost.
- Perform operator and preventive maintenance task as required to maintain equipment
- Take initiative to help out others and provide assistance
- Maintain and ensure accurate paperwork
- Clean the line and work area
- Any other duties as asked by supervisor
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Judging the Qualities of Product
- Processing Information
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Operating Forklift, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Move or fit heavy objects
- Use precision measuring tools or equipment
- Read specifications and technical drawings
- Load or unload material or work piece into machinery
- Perform safety inspections in manufacturing or industrial setting
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED, or associate degree
- Prefer two years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to load trucks
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- High degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing.
- Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential
- Moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet.
- Requires wearing personal protective equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389