Plastics Process Engineer – Plastic SheetsAugust 24, 2018
Set up, operate, or tend machines that produce plastic materials into sheets, or structural shapes.
- Work safely and follow all safety instructions and look out for the safety of others.
- Measure and examine extruded products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications; adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
- Change machine setup according to production line changes following specifications on the QC sheets and other relevant documents
- Set the machines and manage materials to keep product running to specification.
- Ensure plastic material is properly package to ensure quality and safe shipment
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of the line and scrap
- Trouble shoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas to help improve quality, productivity and reduce cost.
- Perform operator and preventive maintenance task as required to maintain equipment
- Monitor line for problems or defects in material
- Train and provide guidance to plastic operators and others as required
- Take initiative to help out others and provide assistance
- Maintain and ensure accurate paperwork
- Clean the line and work area
- Any other duties as asked by supervisor
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Judging the Qualities of Product
- Processing Information
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Operating Forklift, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Controlling Machines and Processes
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Move or fit heavy objects
- Use precision measuring tools or equipment
- Read specifications and technical drawings
- Operate metal or plastic fabricating equipment/machinery
- Load or unload material or work piece into machinery
- Perform safety inspections in manufacturing or industrial setting
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED, or associate degree
- Prefer two years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- High degree of standing, walking, stooping or knelling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing.
- Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential
- Moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet.
- Requires wearing personal protective equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.(Extreme heat)
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389