Use hands or hand-held power tools to assemble wood, metal and laminate veneer materials into finished product. Clean and inspect the finished product before shipping to customer.
Key duties and Responsibilities
Mark or discard items with defects such as spots, stains, chips, scratches, or unacceptable shapes or finishes.
- Assemble product pieces and hardware into finished product for the customer.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Cut, shape, and trim materials, such as wood, laminate veneer and metal, using knives, scissors, and other hand tools, portable power tools, or bench-mounted tools.
- Separate materials or products according to size, weight, type, condition, color, or shade.
- Mark identification numbers, trademarks, grades, marketing data, sizes, or model numbers on products.
- Perform safety inspections.
- Count and bundle items for shipping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures.
- May be required to operate powered industrial equipment.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (constant use of PPE)
- One-year manufacturing experience in an operator capacity preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Basic mathematics skills required.
- Critical Thinking/Problem solving/trouble shooting ability required.
Punctual attendance to work is required. This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. Ability to differentiate color. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Moderate to Steady lifting of up to 50lbs. required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Monday through Friday – Occasional Saturday as business demands
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389