Oversees and directs the day-to-day operations concerning the collection and analysis of production data and scheduling of all orders received at the GEM Plastics Facility of ASI SE. Manage production data. Create charts and graphs to reflect production performance which will be used in QOS meetings and continuous improvement projects. Coordinates schedules and works alongside of Shift Supervisors, Production Leads, Customer Service, Purchasing, and Logistics daily to ensure orders flow throughout operations. Balances future customer demand with manufacturing and supplier capacity to meet customer requirements. Responsible to maintain an organized/production schedule reducing production costs and efficiently utilizing available raw materials resulting in delivering products to customers on time.
Roles and Responsibilities – Data Analysis
- Manage all production data for the GEM Plastics facility.
- Collaborates with team members to collect and analyze data.
- Create spreadsheets for data collection and use charts, graphs, and other methods to visualize data.
- Track and use key performance metrics to allow the management team to make better business decisions and help drive continuous improvement in all areas of the facility.
- Work with operations employees to improve the quality of the data collected.
- Compile data currently presented in leadership meetings to the management/executive team.
- Input and analyze data for all production lines
- Work with managers, supervisors, & engineers to improve existing systems and processes by providing data analysis of existing performance that is clear, concise and accurate.
- Prepare presentations, charts, & graphs by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and comparing it to historical performance.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management to support various quality, safety and continuous improvement initiative
Roles and Responsibilities – Scheduling
- Carry out planning and coordination of production schedules.
- Extracts/Obtains data from a “To Be Scheduled” list and enters data into scheduling software for production equipment.
- Provides the adequate volume of work orders with the correct data in order to obtain a continuous and timely production flow in line with the production plan.
- Confers with Shift Supervisor to determine progress of work and completion dates. Alerts when material shortages or production problems risk to cause delay in scheduling/production/delivery.
- Revises production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering. Reschedules work order due dates to an achievable production plan in the ERP system.
- Work with Shift Supervisors, Leads, and Operators to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Examine documents, reports and monitor work processes to assess completeness and accuracy.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to schedules or processes for future planning/scheduling.
- Plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Create efficient scheduling processes or methods so as to attain KPI goals.
- Coordinate and communicate production plans with Management, Shift Supervisors, Customer Service, Purchasing, and Logistics teams,
- Supervise schedules and workflow to ensure that deliveries are made in a timely manner
- Perform pre-organization of production materials before the commencement of production
- Performs other duties as required.
Work Experience and Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED & College Studies (Associate’s Degree Preferred)
- Minimum five years work experience in Manufacturing/Production
- Previous experience in Production Scheduling/Planning Preferred
- PSP (Planning & Scheduling Professional) Certification is a plus
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Additional languages preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Successful candidates must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to changing priorities based on business needs.
- Incumbents should have strong communication skills they can use to reduce complex data into formats that can be easily understood by all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure that correct conclusions are drawn from the data.
- Strong critical thinking skills: Must be able to look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on their analysis.
- Good analytical skills/Critical Thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organization skills, Project Management skills and Time Management skills
- Must be able to react quickly and calmly under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of good.
- Good social interaction skills.
This position requires a moderate degree of standing, walking, sitting, precision eye work, use of hands, reach with hands or arms and hearing, and vision are considered essential. Occasional stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing of stairs or balance required. Ability to differentiate color. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands may also be required. Occasional moving of product of up to 35 lbs. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. Overtime may be required. Attendance to work required. Reasonable accommodations made be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389