Robotics TechnicianAugust 27, 2021
Inventory Control CoordinatorNovember 2, 2021
The Safety Coordinator assists the Safety Manager in planning, coordinating, implementing and maintaining the health and safety programs for ASI Southeast. The Safety Coordinator coordinates safety activities; conducts/coordinates trainings and provides administrative and technical support to supervisors and employees to ensure safety control mechanisms and protocols are in place. Ensures compliance with all Federal and state safety laws and regulations and safety procedures and processes.
- Key duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains employee safety documentation.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training as needed.
- Develop and communicate safety topics as needed.
- Actively supports post-accident investigations and root cause analysis. Communicates findings as needed with follow up on any safety required action items.
- Administer annual safety programs such as hearing conservation, chemical inventory, hazardous communications and lock out tag out.
- Conduct quarterly OSHA Plant Safety Audits.
- Conduct compliance audits of: Eye wash stations, Crane and Hoist, forklift permits, fall protection, PPE, fire systems, first aid cabinets, respiratory fit and medical evaluations, LOTO.
- Coordinate and conduct quarterly Plant Emergency Evacuations drills.
- Lead Monthly Safety Team Champions Meetings all 3 plants.
- Conduct regular safety inspections to identify workplace hazards and implement hazard controls.
- Coach managers, supervisors and other employees on safety responsibilities and protocols.
- Maintain a minimum of 2 First Responder/First Aid –shift/plant
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- Designs methods for appraising safety conditions in warehouses, factories, or offices.
- Inspects working conditions to ensure all products and activities are compliant with safety guidelines.
- Oversees use of dangerous chemicals and machinery.
- Maintain current knowledge of state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Works hand-in-hand with operations team to identify safety-related issues.
- Conduct monthly supervisor safety training classes (train the trainer) as well as supervise departmental monthly safety and health training. Initiate activities that stimulate and maintain employee interest in safety and health.
- Conduct weekly plant safety inspection.
- Make daily plant inspections to uncover unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and company policies on industrial safety and health
- Assist in approving designs for new and modified equipment and inspect such equipment before putting into operation.
- Advise and assists managers and supervisors in promoting a safe work environment.
- Lead safety initiatives and engage the workforce.
- Conducts Job Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct new hire and new temporary employee safety training.
- Recommend procurement, use, and installation of safety or hazard control equipment.
- Accountable for implementing and delivering results of corporate and company safety and risk management initiatives.
- Monitor compliance to modified duty restrictions.
- Effectively communicate with customer base regarding safety related training material or concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and background in OSHA/DOT regulatory standards, safety engineering and risk management preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred, (CSP/ASP).
- 1-year experience in a Safety capacity or related field.
- OSHA 10 hr. certification preferred.
- Proficient MS Office suite.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal safety programs and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills dealing with all levels of employees, customers, and management
- Ability to facilitate training for all levels of employees, supervision and management
- Self-starter with ability to follow-up and follow through and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Travel between the three local plants to support safety.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation administration.
- Ability to read and interpret dense legal and federal OHSA/NIOSH/ANSI documents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts.
- Maintain transparent communication through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Intermediate mathematics skills required.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and results oriented
- Meticulous attention to detail required.
- Ability to work a fast-paced operational environment.
- Willingness to work extended or flexible hours as required to meet production demands.
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- This position requires a moderate degree of standing, walking, sitting, precision eye work, use of hands, reach with hands or arms and hearing, and vision are considered essential. Occasional stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing of stairs or balance required. Ability to differentiate color. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands may also be required. Occasional moving of product of up to 35 lbs. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. Overtime may be required. Attendance to work required. Reasonable accommodations made be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Monday through Friday – Occasional Saturday as business demands
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389