Inside SalesFebruary 5, 2020
Project EngineerFebruary 24, 2020
Responsible for leading the powder coat team; promoting self directed work teams and developing champion roles to facilitate continuous improvement in safety, productivity and cost. Accountable for taking care of employees, as well as internal and external customers.
- The BU Manager will be responsible for all powder coat operations on the plant floor.
- Must be able to follow standard company procedures
- Possess great organizational skills
- Encourage and motivate employees through coaching and counseling in accordance to ASI Southeast policy and procedures
- Must have a complete understanding of production operations
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the powder coat department.
- Provide employee feedback to management staff.
- Plan and direct the daily work schedule to match production/shipping requirements for the day, week, and upcoming week.
- Lead the team of employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Confer with other manager to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws. Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications.
- Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Review records or reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, or shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, or evaluate performance.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Any other duties asked by manager
This position requires office skills along with manufacturing skills. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an office or on the production floor equally well. This candidate must be a go-getter that can function in an office to generate reports, approve time schedules, head up meetings, go to training sessions, and relay that training to other associates. This candidate will assist and operate equipment when needed, troubleshoot problems, and train how to perform job duties.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising a manufacturing operation or 2 years’ experience with a 4 year degree.
- Working knowledge of powder coating technologies preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Getting members of the group together to accomplish tasks
- Providingguidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Requires wearing personal protective equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions. (Extreme heat)
Email Human Resources
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389