Help to direct and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as finishers, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, and fabricators.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports, in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Help with collecting time card/ hours data for supervisor
- Examine completed work pieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, and dimensions and tolerances.
- Load metal or plastic material into machines.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Test and adjust machine speeds and actions, according to product specifications, and using gauges and hand tools.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Any other duties asked by Supervisor
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prefer one year lead manufacturing exp
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Material Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Good mathematics skills
- Critical Thinking/Problem solving
This position requires a moderate to high degree of standing, walking, stooping or kneeling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing. Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential. A moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet may also be required. Requires wearing personal protective equipment. Requires working indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ASI-Southeast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Monday through Friday – Occasional Saturday as business demands
Email Human Resources
or Call 706-827-2700 ext. 6389